Friday, October 30, 2009

It's Shower Time

As my due date draws near, it seems like things in my life are getting busier but I'm sure that it's about to get even crazier in a few months! Last week my mom, sisters, and some friends threw me a baby shower at my moms house. I think the party was a hit, but I may be a little bias. We had about 30 people there and the food was catered by Perfect Palette, which is always the best part of a party!

Our menu consisted of:

pepperoncini cheese spread
sun-dried tomato spread
caramelized onion spread
turkey and basil sandwiches with scallion cream cheese
sesame crusted asian chicken sandwiches
roast beef with shaved apple and horseradish cream sandwiches
homemade potstickers with hot and sour chili sauce




Great, I'm starving thinking about food! Anyway everything turned out great that day and I just finished organizing and putting all the gifts away. My challenge with the gifts is that we are going to be living in a one bedroom apartment and trying to get everything to fit it becoming quite the ordeal as we keep stockpiling more and more stuff!






























Thanks to everyone who could come to the shower! I will be having my another shower hosted by my mother-in-law in a couple weeks and I think we will be anxious to get the little guy here to enjoy all his new things!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have a blog! Yes- your shower was lots of fun ;) I'm so excited to meet your little guy- Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay, well its about time you became a blogger, your not cool till you are.
    Your little trip to shasta looked soooo fun. I am trying yo talk sheril into doing that for us. Sorry I missed your shower, Janelle said it turned out perfect

    ReplyDelete