Wednesday, June 16, 2010

6 months

Wow has time really flown by! I still find myself in disbelief that I have a baby, much less a 6 month old baby! Where does the time go? I guess when you work almost full time you don't realize how fast time is really going when all you seem to think about is getting the week over and enjoying the weekend. Sometimes I wish I could be a stay at home mom for the simple fact that I wouldn't have to get up early and get dressed every morning and rush to the office. I dream that only having to find things to entertain my child and getting tons of play time with him were things that consumed my day. Every time I get this "I don't want to work" feeling I take the day off and once I finish all my chores, I just sit there and realize I couldn't do this everyday, week vacations are nice, but I don't think being a stay at home mom is for me, unless I had a billion kids. Besides working for my Dad isn't half bad, I get to bring Bowdy to work and get to be will Janelle, Connor and Lucas. I bet if Danielle worked here, Janelle and I would work lots of hours because we would love just being with eachother.
Bowdy is doing great, we had his six month check up on Monday and he weighed 14lbs(3%), 25.75" long(24%) and was 9% in head. The doctor said he was progressing just great, but wanted him to start gaining more weight, hopefully he will move into a higher percent at his 9 month check up. I can't believe that in another 6 months he will be 1 year, it seems like he will always be small, not crawling or talking. but I guess I need to savor this time because before I know it he will be into everything!




6 month stats:
  • Sleeps 12 hours at night
  • Feeds every 3 1/2 hours
  • Eats 6 oz of formula
  • Eats 3 meals a day
  • Still very smiley
  • Rolls over immediately when placed on the floor
  • Puts everything in his mouth including both feet
  • Starting to do mini push ups(I think he will be crawling soon)
  • Loves his cousins to talk to him
  • Doesn't spit up as much as before(I think the meds are working)
  • Has a cough that will not go away


1 comment:

  1. He is so freaking cute!! I love that bottom picture, he looks so relaxed. I am thrilled we get to work together too, I couldn't imagine being by myself everyday! Love ya

    ReplyDelete