Thursday, January 14, 2010

Not that bad...

Today was Bowdys appt to get circumcised and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Everyone kept saying how horrible the experience of getting your kid circumcised was so I was preparing myself for the worst. Last week I told Clay that he would be in charge of taking Bowdy, because I didn't want to go, then on Monday I changed my mind. I told him I would at least go to the doctors, but I would stay in the waiting room. My mom didn't agree with my choice on this and she basically told me to suck it up and be in the room. So of course I listened to her and both Clay and I went together, but we both made it clear we wouldn't watch.

After finally getting into the room, Dr. Humphrey just wrapped him in a blanket, strapped him down and got to business. Bowdy cried when her got the numbing shots, but that was basically it. They gave us some "sugar water" and I just dipped his pacifier in that a few times and he went sound asleep. He must like sugar just like his auntie! Dr. Humprhey did assure me that he did better than most kids and that when kids have their parents in the
room they seem to be more comfortable. I'm glad our experience went well, because I was nervous for weeks about it.

Oh and even better than him sleeping during that painful process was that he weighed in at 5lbs 13 oz! Almost 6 pounds! Wonder if Ill have anything to talk about when he is "normal"size!


Below are some pictures we took and sent to the NICU nurses at the hospital. The quilt his is laying on was made by one of them so we sent them a thank you card and include these photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment