Sunday, January 3, 2010

First Doctors Appt

Last Tuesday we had Bowdy's first doctors appointment and he is now weighing in at 4lbs 12 oz, 18 1/4 inches long. He has grown over an inch since birth and seems to be gaining about 1 oz a day which is great and before long we will have a big boy! We have seen the home health nurse twice already and they seemed please with his progression, so I believe we don't have to have them out to the house anymore. At first I thought the home health visits were a little bizarre, but I think they helped reassure me that he was doing okay. We go back to the doctor this coming Tuesday, and I'm hoping to be carrying a 5lb boy!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! He is such a cutie! I am glad that he is healthy and doing well. That cake is super easy if you still want to make it. Cook your chocolate cake then cut holes in your cake and squirt the caramel all around the edges and into the cake. (I hold the holes open with the knife to make sure the caramel gets to the bottom.) Let it cool or put it in the fridge till cool then cover with cool whip and heath candy bar chunks then the last of the caramel. I use a whole bottle of ice cream caramel for the cake. Hope this helps, enjoy!! I am so glad to hear from you!! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I just read all your blog about the NICU experience and I have to say that I loved hearing it from a mom's point of view. I am on the other side being the nurse in the NICU and I am glad to hear your side. It sounds like you did everything right and he is a little trooper. I know you are such a great mom. Keep up the good work!! I hope only the best for you and your family. I am so glad we got to know each other at such random circumstances!

    ReplyDelete